"Why join Ontario County Chamber of Commerce?" We hear that sometimes 🙂
First and foremost, join the Chamber(s) that can provide what you want and need for a fee you can afford. Consider the following points when choosing among organizations you may affiliate with:
- Who belongs to the organization, how many members are there and where are they from? We have about 600 members, spanning Ontario, Monroe, Seneca, Wayne, Yates, Livingston, Steuben, and Schuyler Counties.
- Who is on their board and do they employ staff? Our seventeen board members represent various industries across Ontario County, and we employ three full-time and one part-time staff. Volunteer opportunities abound.
- How is their Chamber different from a Downtown Merchants Association, Business Improvement District, or Destination Marketing Organization? This great question merits a long answer.
- What events, trainings, and social opportunities are available to members, and what do they cost? We host dozens of opportunities each year, from $5 Mixers to #NeoClassic golf foursomes for $825. Members save 10% on most events open to the general public!
- What is their dues and fees structure? While it's important to consider costs, one should always look for value commensurate with investment. A majority of our members, based on FTE count, pay less than $1 per day for full benefits in the ONChamber.
- What is the quality of their website and social media? We hope you're enjoying the highly-interactive ONChamber.com website, and invite you to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Where are they located; do they maintain a public-facing office with member-benefit services? We're located at 113 South Main Street in Canandaigua, the seat of Ontario County. In addition to maintaining a Visitor Center, we offer low-priced meeting and co-work space to Chamber members during business hours.
- Do they publish guides, directories or other materials, and are you satisfied with the quality? We publish ONCanandaigua Magazine to assist in relocation conversations, and the ONHandbook to help people get the most out of their experiences in Ontario County and the Finger Lakes.
- Do they offer members access to convenient, cost-saving programs? We work with brokers to offer in-person consultation and servicing for Health and Supplemental Insurance as well as cooperative advertising, office supply discounts, and more.
- Perhaps most important: Do they guarantee your satisfaction? We take your investment seriously, and we believe that in order to see a return on this investment, you and your business need to be actively involved. Our 2+2 Satisfaction Guarantee is simple; after attending at least two trainings, socials, programs, or events in your first two months of membership, if you're unsatisfied, we'll refund your dues.
If you've read this far, you're likely ready to join the region's most influential Chamber, so call 585.394.4400 or email Hope Breen, Director, Member Relations, today!